Having a Scan
Preparing for a Scan
There are a few guidelines for preparing for a thermal scan:
- Do not have physical therapy, massage, or electromyography on the same day thermography is performed.
- Do not smoke for 2 hours before the test.
- Do not use lotions, deodorants or linaments on day of test.
- Stay out of strong sunlight on the day of test.
- There are no dietary or medication restrictions on the day of your scan.
The Scanning Process
A thermal scan takes approximately 15 45 minutes depending on which part of the body is being scanned. You will remove all jewelry and clothes from the part of the body being scanned (for full body scans you leave underpants on), and will be asked to wear a surgical gown. For a breast scan, you will be ask to disrobe from the waist up.
Note: examining rooms can be uncomfortably cool when you disrobe for the examination.